Maritime (2-2) vs. Alfred State (0-5)
2nd meeting, Maritime defeated Alfred State 49-6 last year.
October 6th * Noon * Pioneer Stadium Stadium
|2018 Record (Overall/Conference)||0-5 (0-1 ECFC)||2-2 (0-1 ECFC)|
|2018 Offensive Numbers||
142.4 rushing yds/game
180.2 pass yds/game
119.3 rushing yds/game
279.75 pass yds/game
|2018 Defensive Numbers||41 points/game
200.4 rushing yds/game
264.6 pass yds/game
147 rushing yds/game
195.5 pass yds/game
|Players to Watch||QB #3 Dashown Wilson||QB #2 Tom Wright|
|WR #5 Jalen Long||WR #11 Brandon Drumgole|
|RB #25 Ronnie Clark||WR #4 Christian Castle|
|DB #23 Kyle Backert||LB #54 Liam Bailey|
|LB #35 Brandon Davis||DE #47 Payton Campbell|
Scouting Alfred State:
- Last Week: Alfred State opened up ECFC play with a 44-26 loss at Dean. Six turnovers slowed down the Pioneers in the contest. The blue & gold got on the board first and held 6-0 and 12-6 leads in the contest before the Bulldogs scored 26 unanswered points. Dashown Wilson finished with 97 yards and two scores rushing and was 17 for 33 for 193 yards passing. Ronnie Clark had 81 yards on the ground on 10 carries and Jalen Long recorded his 3rd 100-yard game finishing with seven catches for 119 yards and a score. Kyle Backert (Staten Island/Petrides) and Michael Zimmerman (Canandaigua) both had seven tackles for the Pioneers. Backert was also credited with a fumble recovery.
- Jalen Long is nearing 500 yards receiving this season. He leads the team with 30 catches for 490 yards. He has recorded three 100-yard games on the year.
- The rushing attack is getting stronger each week. Ronnie Clark is averaging 72.6 yds/game, Dashown Wilson is averaging 35.2 yds/game, and Kiegan Brown is averaging 33.4 yds/game.
- Michael Zimmerman leads the defensive attack with 34 tackles while Brandon Davis and John Lauretti continue their stellar Pioneer careers. Davis has 28 total tackles while Lauretti has 27 tackles and a team high three sacks.
- Kyle Backert has become a factor in the defensive backfield the past two weeks. He led the team in tackles last week with seven and has 18 in the last three games.
- The Pioneers put points on the board in the 1st half last week, held a large advantage in time of possession, and converted 6 of 8 3rd down attempts in the 1st half. Continued improvement in those areas while winning the turnover battle will be key.
- Last Week: Maritime opened up ECFC play with a tough loss to Husson university on Saturday afternoon. The Privateers trailed by as much as 21 in the first half, but were able to cut the lead to six points in the fourth quarter and force a punt from the Eagles but were unable to get any closer. Husson earned a 35-21 victory. Tom Wright finished 15 for 30 with 278 yards and three touchdowns, while Nicholas Morman picked up 62 yards on 13 carries in the run game. Brandon Drumgole put together another stellar game with seven catches and 147 yards receiving. Liam Bailey led the defensive effort with 11 tackles and the forced fumble.
- The passing combination of Tom Wright and Brandon Drumgoole have connected on six scores and 460 yards already in four games for the Privateers. Christian Castle has caught 25 passes for 317 yards and three scores.
- A trio of running backs have shared the carries. Nicholas Morman has 31 carries for 181 yards, William Patsakos has 22 carries for 154 yards, and Kahlil Lewin has 44 carries for 145.
- Liam Bailey has a monster start to the 2018 season. He has already recorded 52 tackles (31 solo) from his linebacker position. He has also forced a fumble and has been credited with half a sack. Defensive end Payton Campbell has four of the team's nine sacks on the year and is second on the team with 26 total tackles.
- The Privateers have forced eight turnovers this season while only turning the ball over four times themselves.
- Maritime finished the 2017 season with a 9-2 overall record, was the runner-up in the ECFC, and played in the New England Bowl Series.
Around the ECFC:
Dean: 1-0 ECFC - 2-2 overall
Husson: 1-0 ECFC - 2-2 overall
Gallaudet: 1-0 ECFC - 1-2 overall
Castleton:0-0 ECFC - 1-3 overall
Maritime: 0-1 ECFC - 2-2 overall
Alfred State: 0-1 ECFC - 0-5 overall
Anna Maria: 0-1 ECFC - 0-5 overall
Games this week:
Friday 10/5: Dean at Husson
Saturday 10/6: Maritime at Alfred State and Anna Maria at Castleton
Game Day Information:
- Live Stats
- Live Video - free SD version - $4 for HD version - no audio other than natural sound and public address announcements.
- Tickets: $2 for all, Free for Alfred State Students/Faculty & Staff, and youth under 13.
- Tailgating in Lot 20 will open at 10 a.m. - Tailgaiting Rules and Regulations
- Full 2018 Homecoming Schedule
- Prior to the game the college will announce the name of the new mascot in a pregame ceremony!
Up Next: Alfred State hosts Husson University for a Noon kickoff next Saturday. Maritime hosts Dean next weekend for their Homecoming contest.