August 24th Update
The Fitness Centers on campus (Orvis/Pioneer/MacKenzie), Orvis Pool, and the Orvis Gymnasium remain closed until further notice. Alfred State is continuing to work on reopening plans that meet New York State mandates.
More details on re-opening dates will be communicated to the college community via Announce, Student Announce and the Alfred State Athletic social media pages (@ascathletics).
We thank you for your patience and understanding!
Fitness Center in Pioneer
The Fitness Center in Pioneer is open to students of the college, faculty/staff, and members of the community. The Fitness Center consists of a 4,000 square foot space housing cardiovascular equipment, resistive weight equipment, and a free weight area.
Normal hours - The fitness center will be closed legal holidays and weekends when school is not in session.
When college is in session
Summer & Break Hours
Monday - Thursday
6 a.m. - 11 p.m.
6 a.m. - 4 p.m.
6 a.m. - 6 p.m.
6 a.m. - 4 p.m.
9 a.m. - 6 p.m.
|Sunday||1 - 6 p.m.||Closed|
Equipment in the Fitness Center in Pioneer
- 19 Station Cybex pin select Strength circuit
- 3 York Power Racks with Husker Benches
- 34 pairs of York Dumbbells (5 lbs - 120 lbs)
- 1 Hoist cross over cable
- 1 Hoist Smith Machine
- 10 pre-loaded curl bars (20 lbs - 120 lbs)
- 2,500 lbs. of free weights
- 1 Cybex Leg Press
- 1 Cybex - Scott Preacher Curl
- 1 Cybex Seated Calf Raise
Cardio Vascular Training
- 6 Life Fitness Bicycle
- 2 Expresso Bicycles
- 6 Professional Treadmills with TV's
- 3 Cybex Arc Trainers
- 4 Precor EFX Elliptical Trainers
- 2 Precor - Adaptive Motion Trainers
Student and Faculty and Staff Membership Information
- Full-time Students that are currently registered, without any holds on account (Does not include online students) have a membership to both facilities.
- Faculty and Staff also have to follow the below directions.
- YOUR COLLEGE ID IS YOUR FITNESS CENTER MEMBERSHIP CARD
- To access membership, students must log in to Banner Web. Once in Banner Web choose Personal Information Menu and click on Fitness Center Membership Form/Waiver. Complete the form and waiver 24 hours in advance to gain access.
Memberships are available for purchase with varying plans available for:
- Community members
To access membership a prospective member must come to the Center with proper identification and completed waiver.
Membership Fee Structure:
|3 months||6 months||full year|
|Alfred State Faculty & Staff||$45||$65||$110|
Liabilities & Injuries
Participants should be aware that there is a risk of personal injury due to the inherent nature of this activity. Each participant assumes the risk for any harm or injury. We encourage each individual to have a physical examination prior to participation. All accidents or injuries should be reported immediately to a member of the Fitness Center Staff.
Phone: (607) 587-4355
Gene Doorley is a certified strength and conditioning specialist. He earned an associate degree from Alfred State College, a bachelor's degree in fitness and health from SUNY Cortland, and a master’s degree in Sport Management from Cortland. He also holds a physical education teaching certification from St. Bonaventure and is the head volleyball coach at Alfred State. Stop in to see Gene or call for an appointment.