Alfred State (0-2) at Rochester (0-2)
7th meeting, Rochester leads 6-0, they defeated Alfred State 20-14 last year
September 21 * Noon * Fauver Stadium
|2019 Record (Overall/Conference)||0-2 (0-0)||0-2 (0-0)|
|2019 Offensive Numbers||
89.5 rushing yds/game
107 pass yds/game
82 rushing yds/game
233 pass yds/game
|2019 Defensive Numbers||42 points/game
179.5 rushing yds/game
263 pass yds/game
159.5 rushing yds/game
164 pass yds/game
|Players to Watch||DL #52 Brockton Weist||QB #16 Steven Genova|
|OL #67 Nick Hamme||WR #37 Aaron Whitley|
|LB #40 Paul Portorreal||LB #24 Caden Cole|
|WR #2 David Carroll||DE #99 Devin Woodyard|
|DB #12 Andrew Pierre-Paul||LB #28 Deon Willis|
Scouting Alfred State:
- The Pioneers started off fast and built a 20-6 lead in the 2nd quarter but Hartwick was able to turn the tables as they scored the games final 24 points to earn a 30-20 victory last weekend. Dashown Wilson rushed for a pair of 1st half touchdowns (9 and 2) and Andrew Pierre-Paul returned an interception 41-yards for a score to account for the scoring. Wilson finished 12 for 27 for 143 yards and rushed for 35 yards and two scores. David Carroll caught six passes for 87 yards while Ronnie Clark (Philadelphia/Indian River) rushed for 49 yards on 20 carries. Brockton Weist (Harpursville) led the defense with seven tackles while Rylie Van Fleet (Maine Endwell) had six solo tackles. The Pioneers forced four turnovers in the 1st half.
- For their solid efforts last week, Andrew Pierre-Paul and Michael Zimmerman were honored by the ECFC. Pierre-Paul was named the Rookie of the Week he recorded five tackles (three solo) and had a pick six. Zimmerman was named Special Teams Player of the Week after he punted five times with three of those punts landing inside the 20-yard line. He finished the day averaging 39.2 yards per punt which included a long of 62. He also connected on two PAT's.
- Alfred State won the turnover battle last week and will look to continue to put pressure on opposing offenses. The team already has forced five turnovers and has six sacks in two games.
- David Carroll had a big game last week as he was Dashown Wilson's favorite target. He caught six passes for 87 yards.
- The Yellowjackets fell to 0-2 on the year after falling 28-3 to Edicott last week. U of R allowed two long touchdown runs (71 and 88 yards) that were key to victory. Rochester QBs Steven Genova and Ryan Eamer combined for 303 yards passing, hitting 32 of 45 throws with two interceptions. Genova completed 23 of 34 passes for 210 yards. Eamer copmpleted nine of 11 passes for 93 yards with one pick. Aaron Whitley hauled in 12 balls for 139 yards. Defensively, Devin Woodyard had six tackles, including two sacks (17 yards) and 1.5 more tackles for loss (six yards). Rochester produced 13 tackles for loss in the game.
- For his 12 catch performance Aaron Whitley was named the Liberty League Rookie of the Week.
- The Yellowjackets have been held to three field goals thus far this season. Kicker Dawson Klinger is 3 for 4 on the year.
- The U of R defense has recorded 18 tackles for a loss already this season. The team however has not forced a turnover yet.
Last Year's Meeting:
- Alfred State put together a 4th quarter comeback that fell just short last season as the University of Rochester earned a 20-14 victory. The Yellowjackets led 13-0 heading into the 4th quarter before the Pioneers started to rally. Dashown Wilson threw a TD pass to make it 13-7 and then Ronnie Clark rushed in from three-yards out with 5:12 left in the game to make it 20-13. The Pioneers had two more possessions in the game but both were ended by Yellowjacket interceptions. Clark led the Pioneers with 82 yards and a score on 15 carries. Michael Zimmerman had 11 tackles (2 for a loss) and a interception (ten of his tackles came in the 1st half). U of R's Robert Grant had a monster game for the Yellowjackets defense that intercepted six passes. He led the way with a school record four interceptions.
Around the ECFC:
Alfred State 0-2
Anna Maria 0-2
Players of the Week:
Games this week:
Saturday 9/21: Salve Regina @ Dean, Alfred State @ Rochester, Gallaudet @ Apprentice, Maritime @ Merchant Marine, Nichols @ Anna Maria, Castleton @ U of New England.
Game Day Information:
Up Next: The Pioneers travel to Brockport next weekend for a 2 p.m. kickoff. U of R travels to Alfred next weekend for a night contest with Alfred University.