Keystone (1-2) at Alfred State (1-3)
Oct 5th - 1 p.m. - Pioneer Stadium
|2019 Record (Overall/Conference)||1-3 (0-0)||1-2|
|2019 Offensive Numbers||
118.5 rushing yds/game
94.5 pass yds/game
83.5 rushing yds/game
176.5 pass yds/game
|2019 Defensive Numbers||40 points/game
201 rushing yds/game
270 pass yds/game
230 rushing yds/game
188.5 pass yds/game
|Players to Watch||DB #31 Rylie Van Fleet||QB #7 Johnathan Bates|
|DL #55 Jamel Guzman||WR #8 Javier Tazza|
|LB #42 Elijah Rimpel||LB #33 Sean Tocci|
|TE #87 Cade Marks||LB #53 Brandon Lawyer|
|OL #77 Zac Clendenin||S #5 Brandon DAvis|
Scouting Alfred State:
- The Pioneers will look to bounce back after falling 55-6 last week. Anthony Allen scored the lone TD for the blue & gold when he rushed in from one-yard out after a Brockport fumble was recovered by Bladimir Vargas. Elijah Rimpel led the way for the Pioneers with nine tackles while Rylie Van Fleet had eight.
- The Pioneers will look to be balanced on offense this week. Dashown Wilson will look to improve his efficiency and get some his young receiving corp going. Look for a handful of Pioneers to share the rushing duties as well.
- Turnovers was a key in the first three games for the Pioneers. Alfred State is still a +5 in turnover ratio. Ironically, no one on the team has more than one interception or fumble recovery.
- Winning the battle on the line will be key as well. The Pioneer quarterbacks have been sacked 12 times this year while the blue & gold defense only has six sacks (4 by Elijah Rimpel).
- The Giants are coming off a 27-26 victory over Morrisvlle two weeks ago. Keystone, who is playing in their first year of football since 1948, has a limited seven game schedule this season.
- Johnathan Banks and Thomas Roach has split time at QB thus far. Damir Green has led the team in rushing and Javeir Tazza has been the most popular receiver.
- Sean Tocci leads the team in tackles while Brandon Lawyer is right behind him.
- Opponents have been able to pick up big plays vs. the Giants thus far. Teams are averaging 5 yards per rush and 13.46 yards per catch.
Last Year's Meeting:
- This is the first meeting between the two schools. Keystone is playing their first year of football - they will become a full member of the ECFC next season.
Around the ECFC:
Alfred State 1-3
Anna Maria 0-4
Players of the Week:
Timel Benton (Gallaudet) - Offensive, Chris Rice (Castleton University) - Defensive, Stefan Anderson (Gallaudet) - Rookie, Cassmeir Hutchinson (Gallaudet) - Special Teams
Games this week:
Saturday 10/5: Apprentice @ Anna Maria & Keystone @ Alfred State
Game Day Information:
- Live Stats
- Live Video
- Tickets: $5 for Adults, $2 for Seniors, Free for Alfred State Students/Faculty & Staff, and youth under 13.
- Tailgating in Lot 20 will open at 9 a.m. - Tailgaiting Rules and Regulations
Up Next: The Pioneers begin ECFC play next Saturday when they host Anna Maria at Noon. It is also Homecoming 2019 as a day full of activities is planned. Keystone plays King's College JV next Sunday.