Anna Maria (0-5) at Alfred State (2-3)
3rd Meeting - Alfred State defeated AMC 30-28 last year
Oct 12th - Noon - Pioneer Stadium
|Alfred State||Anna Maria|
|2019 Record (Overall/Conference)||2-3 (0-0)||0-5|
|2019 Offensive Numbers||
172.4 rushing yds/game
104.2 pass yds/game
23.6 rushing yds/game
181.4 pass yds/game
|2019 Defensive Numbers||34.6 points/game
175.6 rushing yds/game
244.6 pass yds/game
215.4 rushing yds/game
183.2 pass yds/game
|Players to Watch||QB #3 Dashown Wilson||QB #1 Tanner Kinglsey|
|OL #70 Devon Clark||WR #5 David Robinson|
|WR #11 Andrew Thomas||WR #10 Marquis Roderique|
|DB #21 Brian Williams||LB #2 Tyshawn Anderson|
|DL #57 Robert Augustin||CB #25 Darrin Cooper|
Scouting Alfred State:
- The football team rushed for 388 yards as they defeated Keystone 34-13 in their final non-conference game of the season. The Giants got on the board on their first possession but the Pioneers answered back with a drive of their own to take the lead for good and start a stretch of 34 unanswered points. Dashown Wilson had a monster game. He carried the ball 33 times for 211 yards and three scores (2, 1, 13). He also was 12 for 23 for 143 yards and two scores passing (6 and 21). Andrew Thomas led the receivers with seven catches for 92 yards and a score while Jake Palmer rushed for 85 yards on nine carries. Elijah Rimpel led the defense with five tackles while Rylie Van Fleet finished with four solo tackles and three pass break-ups. Brockton Weist had four tackles and forced a fumble inside the Pioneer redzone that was recovered by Kahmani McLeod in the 2nd quarter when the game was 13-6.
- For his big game, Dashown Wilson was named the ECFC Offensive Player of the Week.
- The Pioneers will look to continue the success of the running game this week. They rushed for 388 yards last week and rushed for 230 yards vs. Anna Maria last year. The AMCAT defense is currently allowing 215.4 yards per game.
- Andrew Thomas has his biggest game in his young career catching seven passes last week - he now leads the team with 14 catches for 169 yards.
- Elijah Rimpel continues to lead the way defensively for the Pioneers. He has 32 total tackles and four sacks.
- The Pioneers will continue to make big plays on defense. The team has scored twice on interceptions and has 10 turnovers.
Scouting Anna Maria:
- Anna Maria fell to Apprentice 35-20. The AMCATS scored first but the Builders responded with 28 straight points to take control. Emmanuel Leake finished on top of the passing game for the AMCATS as he went 16-33 for 172 and 3 passing touchdowns. David Robinson found the end zone twice to go along with his 4 catches for 85 yards. Tyshawn Anderson finished with 14 total tackles, 1 sack, and a forced fumble for Anna Maria.
- Four different quarterbacks have seen time for Anna Maria this year. Tanner Kingsley is listed as the starter and has only attempted five passes. Alex Cohen has the most pass attempts and yards (545) while Emmanuel Leake has passed for 318 yards. David Robinson leads the team with 18 catches (5 touchdowns)for 256 yards.
- The rushing offense has not got going yet for AMC - They have only rushed for 118 net yards on the season.
- Tyshawn Anderson is having a monster year to lead the defense. He has already accumulated 51 total tackles, two sacks, and two forced fumbles.
- The AMCATS have turned the ball over 10 times and taken the ball away 10 times.
Last Year's Meeting:
Alfred State used big plays as they defeated Anna Maria 30-28 last year. Ronnie Clark had a monster day for the Pioneer offense. He rushed 34 times for 209 yards and two scores. Clark's effort led to his first collegiate game with more than 100 yards. Brockton Weist chipped in eight tackles and one sack. Alfred State out-gained Anna Maria 332 to 317. The Pioneers forced the only turnover in the game and recorded three sacks in the contest.
Around the ECFC:
Alfred State 2-3
Anna Maria 0-5
Players of the Week:
Dashown Wilson (Alfred State) - Offensive, Tyshawn Anderson (Anna Maria) - Defensive, Davis Robinson (Anna Maria) - Rookie
Games this week:
Saturday 10/12: Anna Maria at Alfred State, Gallaudet @ Castleton, Maritime @ Dean
Game Day Information:
- Live Stats
- Live Video
- Tickets: $2, Free for Alfred State Students/Faculty & Staff/Alumni, and youth under 13.
- Tailgating in Lot 20 will open at 9 a.m. - Tailgaiting Rules and Regulations
- The college is celebrating Homecoming 2019 - Full Schedule
Up Next: The Pioneers head to Gallaudet next weekend and Anna Maria hosts Dean.