Alfred State (2-4/0-1 ECFC) at Gallaudet (1-3/1-0 ECFC)
3rd Meeting - Gallaudet defeated Alfred State 13-9
Oct 19th - Noon - Hotchkiss Field
|2019 Record (Overall/Conference)||2-4 (0-1)||1-3 (1-0)|
|2019 Offensive Numbers||
198.8 rushing yds/game
95.5 pass yds/game
184.5 rushing yds/game
120 pass yds/game
|2019 Defensive Numbers||32.3 points/game
154.8 rushing yds/game
247.8 pass yds/game
138.5 rushing yds/game
204.5 pass yds/game
|Players to Watch||RB #25 Ronnie Clark||QB #12 Timel Benton|
|TE #87 Cade Marks||SL #19 Austin Sliva-Wynne|
|OL #67 Nick Hamme||WR #1 Damonte Bray|
|DB #31 Rylie Van Fleet||OLB #45 Mason Gooch|
|DL #52 Brockton Weist||CB #20 Laron Thomas|
Scouting Alfred State:
- Last week, Anna Maria scored twice in the final two minutes to rally for a 21-20 victory over Alfred State. The Pioneers rushing attack finished with 331 total yards. Ronnie Clark had a big game as he rushed 31 times for 197 yards and a score while Dashown Wilson rushed for 69 yards on 20 carries and a score. Brockton Weist led the defense with nine tackles and three sacks (He finished the day with 5.5 tackles for a loss). Rylie Van Fleet had three pass break-ups to lead the defensive backfield that finished with seven break-ups on the day.
- The Pioneers have rushed for 719 yards (388 vs. Keystone and 331 vs. Anna Maria) the past two weeks. The emergence of the running game has helped Alfred State win the possession time battle. The team has held the ball for over 39 minutes in each of the last two games.
- Ronnie Clark returned from injury in a big way last week. He earned ECFC Offensive Player of the Week honors after rushing for 197 yards last week vs. Anna Maria.
- Brockton Weist led the defense last week with nine tackles and three sacks. The defensive held the AMCAT offense to just 137 yards over the first three quarters of the game.
- The defensive backfield was tough for most of the game last week as they broke up seven pass plays. Rylie Van Fleet led the team with three pass break-ups.
- Gallaudet trailed by two touchdowns, 21-7, early on in the third quarter but rallied for a 28-27 overtime victory over Castleton last week. Timel Benton was 9 for 20 for 165 yards, Austin Sliva-Wynne rushed for 92 yards on 11 carries, and Damonte Bray caught nine passes for 129 yards and two scores. Rodney Burford Jr. led the Gallaudet defense with 16 tackles (four solo), two tackles for a loss of five yards and one forced fumble.
- Cassmeir Hutchinson leads the Bison offense with 331 yards rushing this season on 37 carries. GU has rushed for 738 total yards this season.
- Timel Benton has completed 51.6% of his passes this year. Five of his 16 completions this season have been for touchdowns. Damonte Bray had nine of his 10 catches last week vs. Castleton.
- Rodney Burford leads the team with 43 total tackles (13 solo) while Laron Thomas leads the team with two interceptions. The Bison defense has six sacks on the year, four interceptions, and three fumble recoveries.
Last Year's Meeting:
The Alfred State football team pushed the ball all the way down to the Gallaudet 31 in the closing seconds but could not score as they lost a tight 13-9 contest in the nation's capital. Ronnie Clark rushed for 52 yards on the day. Michael Zimmerman continued his solid junior campaign with a game high 14 tackles (nine solo) while Brockton Weist had nine tackles.
Around the ECFC:
Gallaudet 1-0/1-3 overall
Dean 1-0/1-4 overall
Anna Maria 1-0/1-5 overall
Alfred State 0-1/2-4 overall
Maritime 0-1/1-4 overall
Castleton 0-1/0-5 overall
Players of the Week:
Ronnie Clark (Alfred State) - Offensive, Tyshawn Anderson (Anna Maria) - Defensive, Desmond Dias (Dean) - Rookie, & Chris Rice (Castleton) - Special Teams
Games this week:
Saturday 10/19: Alfred State @ Gallaudet, Dean @ Anna Maria, & Castleton @ Maritime
Game Day Information:
Up Next: The Pioneers return home next Saturday to host Castleton while Gallaudet hosts Dean.